Thursday, December 3, 2009

Miraculous Millie

I love love love love Millie!



My brother Buck and sister Niki were surprised to welcome their daughter into the world way early! She wasnt due until march but came in November! THat makes her born at 24 and a half weeks. Whoa.

Shes successfully breathing on her oscillating ventilator. Oh how i love modern medicine! She weighed 1.4 lbs and is 11.5 inches long. that means her little torso is about the size of a computer mouse and her fingers and toes are thinner than a piece of yarn. We feel so blessed to have such a valiant girl in our family and pray for her continued success and happiness.

Look how much she's grown! Go Millie!



We cant wait to see her in January.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am so happy to hear your niece is doing so well. The nicu is a scary place but she looks really good. I will be praying for her.

Jen I said...

Wow, that's crazy! I can't imagine! I was always worried about it with the twins, but nope - they were about 6 times that size!

Kristy Carpenter said...

Wow! I'll pray for her that she continues to do well.

Megan said...

She (and her parents) are in our prayers!!

Geoff and Bets said...

'scuse me 23 weeks and 6 days. :) shes even more amazing